Six reasons to trust Hanwha Q CELLS
For Hanwha Q CELLS solar power is more than just a technology, but the solution to our energy supply of tomorrow!
Our passion for research is unmatched
The future of PV rests with companies that strongly invest in technologies that guarantee long-term performance, reliability and high efficiencies.
- In Bitterfeld-Wolfen, Germany, Hanwha Q CELLS operates an accredited testing laboratory and the largest R&D center in the industry with more than 200 engineers and scientists.
- Since 1999, Hanwha Q CELLS has launched numerous innovations that have become industry standards: the 6 inch solar cell, the 3-busbar layout, and the full-square monocrystalline cell.
- Hanwha Q CELLS operates one of the biggest module testing facilities globally with 16 climate chambers and test laboratories for all relevant stress tests.
Our technology leadership ensures that we produce the best products
Our passion for research has turned Hanwha Q CELLS into the industry‘s technology leader. We offer highest power classes and cutting-edge technology. We were the first to develop a solution for common module problems such as Hot-Spots and potential-induced degradation (PID).
- Q CELLS is synonymous with German Engineering and the skill of developing high-quality solar PV solutions.
- The Q CELLS Triple Yield Security guarantees peace of mind regarding PID, Hot-Spots and forgery.
- The Q CELLS Q.ANTUM cell technology with efficiencies of up to 19.5 % proves that we took the next step to a high performance AND cost-effective cell generation.
Hot-Spot Protect (HSP)
TRACEABLE QUALITY (TRA.Q™)
QUALITY IS THE BEST WARRANTY
Providing a warranty is one thing, delivering performance is another – especially when considering that solar PV systems operate for at least 25 years. Despite the best warranty conditions, a solar PV system will turn into a nightmare if modules need to be replaced on a regular basis.
- The production of Q CELLS cells and modules is fully-automated. That way, we can ensure 100 % quality control - in Germany, in Malaysia and other locations.
- IEC test criteria are not enough. In our own module testing center we apply criteria 2-3 times harder than IEC.
- Together with the VDE institute, we implemented the most comprehensive quality program of the industry – Quality Tested. For the first time, retesting is mandatory.
OUR SOLAR MODULES ARE TOP PERFORMERS EVEN IN HARSH CLIMATES
The theory about PV is written in text books. The truth is told in practice. Q CELLS modules are tested under climatic condtions far beyond the moderate climate of Germany. And even there, Q CELLS modules maintain their leadership position.
- Alice Springs, Australia: unbeaten in the dry, hot Australian bush for more than two years (www.dkasolarcentre.com.au).
- Saudi Arabia: even the desert sand dust cannot harm our modules.
- New Delhi, India: even in humid, subtropical conditions our test systems achieve a performance ratio of more than 80 %.
WE DON‘T JUST PROMISE RELIABILITY, WE DELIVER IT
It‘s all about facts. Claiming quality leadership requires offering hard evidence. What speaks louder than the claim rate statistic ?!
- Out of 3.1 million crystalline solar modules produced since 2010 only 77 modules were subject to a failure-based claim.
- This is a claim rate of only 0.0025 %.
- Our modules run even better than a Swiss clockwork: 99.993 % versus 99.997 % of reliable Q CELLS performance.
Hanwha Q CELLS CUSTOMERS ARE HAPPY – FROM HOMEOWNER TO INVESTOR
Ralph Feder - Proud homeowner and PV system operator
Delitzsch, Germany, 5.4 kWp
„I found it hard to believe that output values greater than 1,000 kWh/kWp were even possible in Saxony. Normally the values experienced here are far lower. This investment has proven to be absolutely worthwhile for me.“
Peter Münch - CEO Elektro Münch, solar installer
Kelberg, Germany, 101 kWp
„As a large PV installer I want to offer my clients high quality modules only, with high and reliable power output over more than 25 years as well as without yield killers like PID or delamination. Because nobody wants to have trouble on his roof, in particular when it concerns the energy supply. With Q CELLS, our clients are definitely on the safe side.“
Alexandra von Bernstorff - Managing Director LUXCARA GmbH Investor of the mega project Brandenburg-Briest
Brandenburg-Briest, Germany, 91 MWp
„As asset managers we place a great deal of value on high-quality parks from experienced photovoltaic companies such as Hanwha Q CELLS; the product performance of which we can count on to provide the highest degree of security for the next 20 years.”