ABOUT HANWHA Q CELLS AUSTRALIA
04.03.2013: PRESS RELEASE HANWHA Q CELLS AUSTRALIA PTY LTD, Sydney
Hanwha Q CELLS Launches New Generation Module at Ecobuild Exhibition, UK
• New Q CELLS polycrystalline module Q.PRO-G3 offers improved design and performance
• New to the U.K. market, Q.FLAT offers easy installation on flat roofs
10.12.2012: PRESS RELEASE HANWHA Q CELLS AUSTRALIA PTY LTD, Sydney
HANWHA Q CELLS AUSTRALIA SET TO SHINE AS CLEAN ENERGY WEEK 2013 MAJOR SPONSOR
• Hanwha Q CELLS signs on as major sponsor for Clean Energy Week 2013
• Hanwha Q CELLS cements position as reliable partner for sustainable PV solutions in Australia
• Hanwha Q CELLS is committed to solar industry in Australia
10.12.2012: PRESS RELEASE HANWHA Q CELLS AUSTRALIA PTY LTD, Sydney
SOLAR IS BEAUTIFUL – 162 kWp FOR ARTS CENTRE IN ALICE SPRINGS
• 648 Q.PEAK BLK modules specifically chosen to complement high aesthetic requirements of the Araluen Arts Centre
• Alice Solar City project launched by NT Minister for the Arts and Museum
• This system highlights our commitment to the Top End and module testing in Alice Springs
26.10.2012: PRESS RELEASE HANWHA Q CELLS AUSTRALIA PTY LTD, Sydney
STRONG FUTURE FOR HANWHA Q CELLS IN AUSTRALIA
• Q CELLS is now part of one of the strongest and most reliable companies in the world
• Launch of Hanwha Q CELLS establishes Hanwha as third largest solar manufacturer in the world
• R&D and technical teams as well as production and module testing facilities in Germany form an integral part of Hanwha Q CELLS Please download the official press release
30.8.2012: PRESS RELEASE Q-CELLS AUSTRALIA PTY LTD, Sydney
Q.CELLS ACQUIRED BY HANWHA GROUP FROM SOUTH KOREA
• Hanwha is a Fortune 500 company and amongst the ten largest conglomerates in South Korea
• Q.CELLS quality and technology leadership to be combined with Hanwha’s strong balance sheet
• Q-CELLS Australia will continue to provide excellent service to retail partners
Please download the official press release
17.7.2012: PRESS RELEASE Q-CELLS AUSTRALIA PTY LTD, Sydney
FIRST CYCLONE-PROOF SOLAR MODULES IN AUSTRALIA
• Q.CELLS modules can weather any storm
• Strong enough to survive cyclones that occur once every 2000 years
• Third party tested at Cyclone Testing Station at James Cook University, QLD
Please download the official press release
03.7.2012: PRESS RELEASE Q‐CELLS AUSTRALIA PTY LTD, Sydney
Queensland's solar scheme reduction - missing the opportunity to lead the way
• Electricity produced by solar should be worth as much as electricity produced by fossil fuels
• Aussie families are at a disadvantage now
• Solar energy is our most abundant resource in Australia and must be accepted as part of the energy mix
30.5.2012: PRESS RELEASE Q‐CELLS SE, Bitterfeld‐Wolfen
Q.CELLS finalises construction of 69 MWp project in North America
• The solar power plant was completed in partnership with Starwood Energy Group Global LLC
• The project is located in Ontario, Canada and is the largest silicon crystalline PV plant in North America
29.5.2012: PRESS RELEASE Q‐CELLS SE, Bitterfeld‐Wolfen
Q.CELLS and CCC construct the first off-grid solar installation in the Abu Dhabi desert
• One of the largest solar installations in the United Arab Emirates with an output of 368 kWp
• Q.CELLS and CCC power workers' camp in the desert with first off-grid installation
• Q.CELLS opens office in Abu Dhabi and strengthens position in the Middle East
16.5.2012: PRESS RELEASE Q‐CELLS SE, Bitterfeld‐Wolfen
Q.CELLS supplies 16 MWp of solar modules to FILKAB JSC and SOLARPRO in Bulgaria
• FILKAB JSC to build five solar parks with a total output of 11 MWp using Q.PRO solar modules
• SOLARPRO HOLDING to realize 5 MWp project
• Q.CELLS' Q.PRO modules score by high quality, durability and above average yields
14.5.2012: PRESS RELEASE Q‐CELLS AUSTRALIA PTY LTD, SYDNEY
Q.CELLS supplies modules for Alice Springs Arts Centre
• 162 kWp system atop Araluen Arts Centre
• 648 Q.PEAK BLK 250W modules used
• To be installed by mid‐2012
03.05.2012: PRESS RELEASE Q‐CELLS SE, BITTERFELD‐WOLFEN
Q.CELLS supplies 7 MWp of solar modules to IKEA in Italy
• IKEA to build roof‐top installation onto main warehouse in Piacenza with total output of 7 MWp
• IKEA convinced by design, yields and durability of Q.CELLS' Q.SMART thin‐film solar modules
25.04.2012: PRESS RELEASE Q‐CELLS SE, BITTERFELD‐WOLFEN
Q.CELLS successfully completes Europe's largest solar project
• Capacity of 91 MWp
• 383.000 modules to power 22,500 households annually
13.04.2012: PRESS RELEASE Q‐CELLS AUSTRALIA PTY LTD, SYDNEY
Q‐Cells Australia continues operations
• Q‐Cells Australia is financially and legally independent from Q‐Cells SE
• Customer support continues as usual
27.03.2012: PRESS RELEASE Q‐CELLS AUSTRALIA PTY LTD, SYDNEY
Electric vehicles powered by Q.CELLS modules
• Q.PRO modules powerAustralia's very first level two solar‐powered charging station for electric cars
• Station is located at CERES, the renwoned community sustainability centre in Brunswick, Melbourne
JULY 2012 – CLEAN ENERGY WEEK IN SYDNEY, NSW
Three days of networking, showcasing new products, reconnecting with familiar faces and celebrating the unstoppable growth of the solar industry – that’s what Clean Energy Week is all about.
Our theme for this year’s show was Quality is the best Guarantee. We wanted to emphasise that our high quality products translate into reliable, long-term investment due to our Triple Yield Security, proven performance in Australian conditions and being the first manufacturer whose modules passed cyclone pressure testing for wind regions C and D. We all had a fabulous time – especially at our Q.CELLS Night Out! Our casual gathering at The Argyle turned into a great evening with canapés and lots of beer. We also sponsored the Professional Development Day Drinks which were served to about 700 delegates in the Exhibition Centre. As a German company we wanted to provide some German food and beer – Beck’s in Q.CELLS stubby holders and sausages served by girls in dirndls and guys in lederhosen! We are already looking forward to Clean Energy Week 2013 in Brisbane!
March 2012 – CERES Launch in Brunswick, Victoria
We donated 12 Q.PRO modules to CERES, the award winning Community Environment Park in the heart of Brunswick in Melbourne. The modules produce electricity for the brand new electric vehicle charging station at CERES that forms part of the Victorian Government’s Electric Vehicle Trial.
As Q-Cells Australia, we are immensely excited to be part of such a great environmental initiative.
At the launch of the station, held on the 22 March, Jan Kronberg, Member Legislative Council State Government and representative of the Victorian Minister of Transport also said that the “Victorian Government is very proud to be sponsoring the project”.
February 2012 – JCU Launch in Townsville, Queensland
Q.CELLS never stands still. We always try to push the boundaries and are keen to collaborate with renowned institutions world wide to test and enhance our technology.
We have worked closely with the School of Engineering f James Cook University located in Townsville, QLD over the past two years. We donated two systems – Q.PRO and Q.SMART – to the School to showcase the differences in technology for research and teaching purposes. The official launch of the two systems took place in February, 2012.
Together for Solar Power
Together with strong partners, Hanwha Q CELLS is promoting the development of the solar industry in Australia. We are members of influential associations and initiatives that promote the growth and prosperity of our local industry.
Clean Energy Council
The CEC is the premier body for the entire renewable energy industry in Australia. Hanwha Q CELLS is very active on behalf of the solar industry. We have a seat on the Solar PV Leadership Committee and are active in the communications and industry integrity working group as well as the residential and utility PV directorates.
Sustainable Energy Association
SEA promotes the development and adoption of sustainable energy technologies and services that minimise the use of energy through sustainable energy practices and maximise the use of energy from sustainable sources. SEA has a strong reputation for authoritative commentary on a broad range of issues around energy efficiency and sustainable energy. Hanwha Q CELLS is an active member and we support SEA in WA.
Australian Solar Energy Association
AuSES exists to promote scientific, social and economic development through the environmentally sound use of solar energy. The Society plays an important role in technology development and application. Hanwha Q CELLS is active at AuSES conferences with papers and key speaking opportunities.
Our testing criteria – worldwide best standard
Q-Cells solar cells undergo an automated manufacturing process starting with the incoming inspection of the silicon wafers through to final inspection and testing. This allows us to produce solar cells with efficiencies of over 18 %. Our entire production process is constantly monitored and optimised. Every product is subject to the most comprehensive quality inspection procedures and undergoes unique testing measures that we have developed together with industry partners. Our inspection criteria have come to set global standards.
|1||Mechanical stability||Avoiding surface damage and bending; compliance with specified cell thickness tolerances||Minimising of breakage risk during further processing, improved appearance of the solar cell front|
|2||Current testing at 0.5 V / 25 °C; 1000 W/m², AM 1.5||Avoiding mismatch of modules under standardised conditions||Higher module energy output|
|3||Current testing at 0.5 V / 25 °C; 500 W/m², AM 1.5||Optimised cell output on module level under low light conditions||Increased annual energy yields under central European operating conditions|
|4||Shunt resistance testing||Optimised cell output on module level in low light conditions||Increased annual energy yield under central European operating conditions|
|5||Reverse current analysis||Avoiding Hot-Spot effects on module level||Safety and durability for reliable energy yield|
|6||Very narrow efficiency class tolerances (+0.2 % / -0 % absolute)||Significantly reducing module mismatch and stabilizing Gaussian distribution of modules||Higher module output, reproducible production processes|
|7||Visual inspection with sorting into two predefined colour categories||Improved module appearance||Improved homogeneity and visual aesthetics|
Scientific progress – in practise
We implement scientific progress to push the technological envelope. This is how we ensure that our innovations are always ahead of the curve. That applies for both our products and our manufacturing processes. From the delivery of the silicon wafers to the final QA inspection, the manufacturing process is fully automated from start to finish. And thanks to the presence of more than 200 technologists, scientists and engineers at Q-Cells, our production lines frequently feature innovations developed in conjunction with our equipment manufacturers.
We are continuously investing in the development of new solar technologies. We also maintain close exchange programmes with universities and research institutions to ensure that we're working on the cutting edge. In 2009 we opened the Rainer Lemoine Research Centre. Our cooperation partners include top German and international research centres such as the Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy Systems (ISE) in Freiburg, the Institute for Solar Energy Research (ISFH) in Hamelin, the Fraunhofer Center for Silicon Photovoltaics (CSP) in Halle, the Energy Research Centre of the Netherlands (ECN), the Helmholtz Centre in Berlin and the University of Constance.
Our current schedule of projects includes research into increased efficiency and cost reductions. We are developing solar cells using cost-efficient "UMG" silicon. We are also researching ultra high performance cells and back-contact solar cells as well as seeking to improve the passivation and contacts on monocrystalline and multicrystalline solar cells. The insights we gain are directly to the production – for and with our partners.
Successful examples of this continuous fundamental research are the new standards for solar cells that would not exist without our work. The development of new cell concepts is one of our company's hallmarks. We work constantly on greater throughput, optimised formats, increased quality, reduced resource consumption and better efficiencies.
One vital aspect of manufacturing is stringent quality controls – to ensure that we deliver high-quality products geared to customers’ needs and to meet our partners’ high standards. All sides stand to benefit from the progress made by Q-Cells, not least our partners and the environment as well.
The best ingredients
Only technically high quality facility designs ensure long-term yields. And our complete solutions work!
Our quality assurance sets worldwide standards. And you are guaranteed the best quality!
It doesn't matter which module series you decide on: you are promised the highest level of efficiency and yields!